Grilled fish in Hanoi Style is one of the famous food in Hanoi. It specially by it serve with vermicelli, peanuts, fish sauce and vegetables and it is rolled inside rice paper. It has been around since the nineteenth century and very regret if you had not try that when you travel in Hanoi.
- 1,5 kg Fish fillet
- 1 kg Rice noodle
- 150 gr Galanga
- 100 gr Tumric
- 50 gr Steamed rice ferment
- 200 gr Toasted peanuts
- 50 gr Fried shallot
- 200 gr Spring onion
- 1 pieces Chilli
- 2 bunch Dill
- 2 bunch Coriander
- 2 bunch Mints
- 2 pieces Lemon
- Salt, chicken stock powder, pepper,fish sauce,cooking oil, sugar,vineger
- Cut the fish into small pieces
- Chop the galangal, tumeric then separate the liquid.
- Cut the white onion about 10cm then slice, mix with some vinergar, cut 2/3 spring onion and the dill into 10cm, 1/3 cut into 3cm.
- Clean all the herbs, drain
- Marinate the fish with salt, chicken stock powder, pepper, galangal and turmeric liquid, steamed rice ferment, shirmp sauce, fish sauce and sugar
- Place the fish on the griller with some spring onion and dill ,grill on the charcoal untill rare.
- Heat the cooking oil on the pan , add in the fish to fry then add in the dill and spring onion 3cm/stir well.
- Cut the lemon in the 2 pieces, slice the chilli
- Dipping sauce: Stir well 2tbs fish sauce with 1 tbs sugar,1 tbs rice wine and chilli slice.