This is one of the most popular dishes from the North of Vietnam where meat was more readily available. The texture of the grilled meat with the cold noodles and fresh herbs give it a light and healthy quality.
- 900 gr lean pork
- 200 gr green papaya
- 100 gr carrot
- 50 gr spring onion
- 30 gr shallots.
- 1 piece chopped sweet pepper
- 20 gr chopped garlic
- 1000 gr rice vermicelli noodles
- 200 gr Lettuces
- 300 gr Herbs
- Salt, pepper, caramel sauce, chicken stock powder, suger, vinegar, fish sauce.
- Make dipping sauce = 4 cups of water + 1 cup of sugar + 3/4 cup of fish sauce + 3/4 cup of vinegar + some pepper, chilli and garlic chopped
- Cut slice 1/2 pork, chop the rest
- Chop the carrot and green papaya.
- Chop the spring onion, shallot, chilli and garlic
- Marinate slice pork with salt, pepper, chicken stock powder, sugar, caramel sauce, shallot juice, spring onion, fish sauce.
- Marinate chopped pork same slice pork and chopped shallot
- Place the grill pork into a bowl with some pickled, pepper then pour in the dipping sauce